Article 21 – Small Business Relief
1. A Taxable Person that is a Resident Person may elect to be treated as not having derived any Taxable Income for a Tax Period where:
- The Revenue of the Taxable Person for the relevant Tax Period and previous Tax Periods does not exceed a threshold to be set by the Minister; and
- The Taxable Person meets all other conditions prescribed by the Minister.
2. Where Clause 1 of this Article applies to a Taxable Person, the following provisions of this Decree-Law shall not apply:
- Exempt Income as specified in Chapter Seven of this Decree-Law.
- Reliefs as specified in Chapter Eight of this Decree-Law.
- Deductions as specified in Chapter Nine of this Decree-Law.
- Tax Loss relief as specified in Chapter Eleven of this Decree-Law.
- Article 55 of this Decree-Law.
3. The Authority may take the necessary measures to verify the compliance with the conditions of Clause 1 of this Article, and may request any relevant information or records from the Taxable Person within the timeline prescribed by the Authority.