Article 52 – Tax Deregistration
1. A Person with a Tax Registration Number shall file a Tax Deregistration application with the Authority where there is a cessation of its Business or Business Activity, whether by dissolution, liquidation, or otherwise, in the form and manner and within the timeline prescribed by the Authority.
2. A Taxable Person shall not be deregistered unless it has paid all Corporate Tax and Administrative Penalties due and filed all Tax Returns due under this Decree-Law, including its Tax Return for the Tax Period up to and including the date of cessation.
3. If the Tax Deregistration application is approved, the Authority shall deregister the Person for Corporate Tax purposes with effect from the date of cessation or from such other date as may be determined by the Authority.
4. Where a Person does not comply with the Tax Deregistration requirements under this Article, the Authority may, at its discretion and based on information available to the Authority, deregister the Taxable Person effective from the later of either:
- the last day of the Tax Period in which it became apparent to the Authority that the conditions under Clause 2 of this Article have been met; or
- the date the Taxable Person ceases to exist.